[Samba] RPC_S_PROCNUM_OUT_OF_RANGE

Nadine Mauch direction67 at readysoft.eu
Tue Feb 1 07:50:59 MST 2011

Hi,

I had a linux server installed with samba 3.0.9-2.6
(SuSE 9.1) and a samba shared folder among 12 PC under
WinXP/Win7.
The linux server has been replaced by a new one a week
ago. The new machine runs samba 3.5.4-5.1.2x86-64
with the same shared folder and the same smb.conf
file.
Till then, when the PCs try to connect to the samba
share via explorer a window opens with
the message "Numéro de procédure hors de l'intervalle
admis" (RPC_S_PROCNUM_OUT_OF_RANGE corresponding
to windows error 1745).
Has anyone an idea how I could get rid of that message
and gain access to the samba shared folder with the
explorer ?

I've registered the PCs names and passwords in smbpasswd
and one user named nobody because I thought of a problem
of recognition of the PCs.

I've found many mails about this error but no solution.

Does anyone have an idea ?

Thanks
--
-------------------------
Nadine Mauch
mel: direction67 at readysoft.eu
mel: nadine.mauch at readysoft.eu
site: www.readysoft.eu

Déclaration de confidentialité :
Ce message ainsi que toutes les pièces jointes sont confidentielles et
établis à l'intention exclusive de leurs destinataires. Toute utilisation
ou diffusion non autorisée est interdite. Tout message électronique est
susceptible d'altération. Ready Soft décline toute responsabilité au
titre de ce message s'il a été altéré, déformé ou falsifié.

Important notice regarding confidentiality:
This email and any attachments are confidential and
intended solely for the addresses. Any unauthorised use or dissemination
is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Neither Ready Soft
shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.