[Samba] Access to s3 shares when userPrincipalName differs from the sAMAccountName

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Feb 3 18:30:33 MST 2011

On Thu, 2011-02-03 at 10:39 +0100, Angelos Oikonomopoulos wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've been trying to use a Samba3 fileserver with security = ADS in a
> domain where the DC is Samba4. It all seems to work, except for users
> with long names.

Is the authentication using NTLM or Kerberos?

Either way, this is unlikely to be a Samba3 bug, given that it's not
been raised before, so perhaps re-raise the issue on samba-technical,
with network traces etc to show what's going on, and I'll happily look
into it for you.

Andrew Bartlett

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.