[Samba] multiple samba accounts

Marc Fromm Marc.Fromm at wwu.edu
Thu Feb 3 12:42:27 MST 2011

Is it possible on a windows computer to connect to a linux server with two samba accounts, simultaneous?
My scenario is, I want to create two mapped network drives on a windows computer to two separate home directories on a linux server, but I want to require one samba user name and password to connect to "home directory A" and a second samba user name and password to connect to "home directory B."

As it stands right now, as soon as I connect to the first mapped network drive with the first samba account, when I go to create the second mapped network drive the windows computer tries to use the first samba account, instead of prompting for the second samba account.

Thanks

Marc