[Samba] understanding users mapping

fdelval at rojatex.com fdelval at rojatex.com
Thu Feb 3 05:40:54 MST 2011

Hello mate,
I added it, with a simple user, and yes, it worked.

Now, doubs storm my mind.

now i have like 3 ways of achieving what i want.

1) username map = /etc/samba/smbusers (linking users to root)

2) admin users = frank

3) messing up with my netgroups and granting rights

Which one should i use?

Which one offers the most secure way?

> Hallo, fdelval,
>
> Du meintest am 03.02.11:
>
>> I dont want to use root to join clients to the domain; i prefer
>> creating a plain user.
>
> Look at "admin users" in "[global", file "/etc/samba/smb.conf".
>
> There you can define which linux user is allowed to do this job.
>
> Viele Gruesse!
> Helmut
> --

Fran Del Val