[Samba] application can not delete from samba share

Nemeth Zoltan nzoli73 at freemail.hu
Thu Feb 3 02:11:13 MST 2011

Dear All

I am stucked with a problem ,  I'd like to ask your help.
Problem :
- I can not delete files from  Samba_3.2.5 share from a specific windows
application. Filemanagers, command prompt can handle the files well.

The checked things:
- the same application was able to delete from samba_2.x
- permissions are OK. From windows explorer or from command prompt I can
delete well. Create files, delete, modify perfect from WinOS  but from
this application is not possible.
-acls , SIDs seems to be OK. getfacl rwxrwxrwx
- this application is able to delete from other shares except  the files
are on samba
- log level 10: I could not recognized any failure or strange behaviour
- I have tried many settings in smb.conf : oplock, case sensitive
settings etc .. without success

I monitored the successful deleting from a file-manager and compared
with unsuccessful one (this application) . Some this are different
between logs but I am not able to catch the reason of problem. I can
provide logs or screenshoot about comparison if needed.

Have you already experienced such a problem. I appreciate any help

Thank you
regards: Zoltan