[Samba] [SOLVED] AD integration with multiple groups

julien mabillard jma at mbuf.net
Tue Feb 1 10:56:06 MST 2011

On Tue, Feb 01, 2011 at 08:19:40AM -0800, grant little typed:
:: Yes I do that using:
:: valid users = @ad\securitygroupname
::
:: works like a charm.

Actually this only works for me for the defined gid not
for additional groups that the user member of is.

We use a structure different from usual cases.
We have users members of multiple groups, and only the 1st mapped
as gid was working, not the others while they were also mapped
with their own gid.

But I could finally find a solution that fits my needs.
I use 'valid users =' only for login autentication, and
I use a custom script using preexec for groups authorization.

This way it solves my problem ;)

Thanks anyway for your information.

Regards.

--