[Samba] login via Samba 4 LDAP

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Fri Dec 30 05:09:09 MST 2011

On 30/12/11 09:38, steve wrote:

>>> Tried:
>>> samba-tool domain exportkeytab /etc/krb5.keytab --principal=steve4
>>>
>>> restarted samba but:
>>>
>>> su steve4
>>> su: user steve4 does not exist
>>>
>>> Am I getting close or should I give up now?!
>>>
>>> Steve
>>>

>> You still need to configure nss-ldap to do a kerberized bind.
>> I've found example configurations for nslcd (the daemon part of
>> nss-ldapd a fork of nss-ldap) at:
>> http://lists.arthurdejong.org/nss-pam-ldapd-users/2010/msg00125.html
>> http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-1335022.html
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Geza
> phew. That's a biggie.
>
> I have nslcd installed. I've looked at the links and it seems as
> though I need this in /etc/nslcd.conf
>
> uri ldap://127.0.0.1/
> base dc=hh3,dc=site
> sasl_mech GSSAPI
> sasl_realm HH3.SITE
> krb5_ccname /dont/know
>
> It's the krb5_ccname I can't get.
>
> I have:
>  klist
> Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
> Default principal: steve4 at HH3.SITE
>
> Valid starting     Expires            Service principal
> 12/30/11 09:27:15  12/30/11 19:27:15  krbtgt/HH3.SITE at HH3.SITE
>     renew until 12/31/11 09:27:12
>
> The link you gave suggests:
>
> krb5_ccname /var/run/nslcd/nslcd.tkt
>
> But doesn't say where that came from.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Saludos
> Steve

Well, using nslcd, I have finally got through to the Samba 4 LDAP (

getent passwd works and steve4 can finally login

The next bit is this:

getent passwd does not show the home directory:
steve4:x:3000019:100:steve4::/bin/bash

even though I can see it in the ldap ldif

steve4 gets logged into / but changing to /home/CACTUS/steve4 allows him
to create and edit files correctly and with the correct permissions.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Steve.