[Samba] Samba and LDAP Server

Lantukh Sergey sergey.lantukh at docpath.com
Thu Dec 22 10:10:50 MST 2011

Good day
I could not find an answer to my problem/question, can you help me here...

I have SAMBA 3.2.5 on Linux\Debian 5
I using Winbind for connect to MS Active Directory Windows 2003 and get
a list of all users.

/etc/samba/smb.conf
[global]
realm = MYDOMAIN.LOCAL
Security = ADS

/etc/krb5.con
[realms]
MYDOMAIN.LOCAL = {
         kdc = myserver1.mydomain.local: 88
         kdc = myserver2.mydomain.local: 88
         admin_server = myserver1.mydomain.local: 464
         default_domain = DOCPATH.ES
[domain_realm]
         . mydomain.local = MYDOMAIN.LOCAL
         mydomain.local = MYDOMAIN.LOCAL

My question is:
When I give the command:
# net ads info
I have:
LDAP server: 192.168.1.10
LDAP server name: myserver1.mydomain.local
Realm: MYDOMAIN.local
Bind Path: dc = MYDOMAIN, dc = LOCAL
LDAP port: 389
Server time: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 17:52:38 CET
KDC server: 192.168.1.10
Server time offset: 2

192.168.1.10 this is myserver1.mydomain.local

Where SAMBA knows about my LDAP server?

I have 2 Domain Controllers and SAMBA is always connected to the first.
When the first server is not available SAMBA can not get a list of users
via winbind. How can I get SAMBA to connect to a second domain
controller? How can I change the LDAP server for samba?

Thanks!