[Samba] auth_ntlm_winbind_module causes 401 without any errors.

Magicloud Magiclouds magicloud.magiclouds at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 08:31:10 MST 2011

Hi,
  I am using samba 3.6.1 on centos 5.6, and joined a domain controlled
by windows 2008.
  `ntlm_auth --username=magicloud` returns NT_XXXX_SUCCESS. So I
assumed that everything is OK.
  Then I configured auth_ntlm_winbind_module for apache 2.2, which
worked before with auth_kerb.
LoadModule auth_ntlm_winbind_module
/usr/lib64/httpd/modules/mod_auth_ntlm_winbind.so

<LocationMatch "^/.*$">
        AuthName "DOMAIN"
        AuthType NTLM
        AuthType Negotiate
        NTLMAuth on
        NTLMAuthHelper "/usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp -d10"
#       NTLMBasicAuthoritative on
        NegotiateAuth on
        NegotiateAuthHelper "/usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=gss-spnego -d10"
        Require valid-user
</LocationMatch>

  Using IE to access the site, it said cannot connect. But in logs:
  error_log said nothing about this connection.
  access_log said a few 401 error.
  Without any further and useful information.

  What should I do?
--
竹密岂妨流水过
山高哪阻野云飞