[Samba] All read and write

Jessica Guynn jessguynn at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 11:00:01 MST 2011

Hey Guys,

this is my updated smb.conf.  I am mapping any windows users to ubuntu user
nobody.  So I added a username map to file smbusers with (nobody = *).
 When I try to mount the volume in windows, gives me a login window.  None
of the windows users work and I tried using the ubuntu users as well, does
not work.  Any ideas???

Takahashi Motonobu,  I did also grant SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege
and SeRestorePrivilege user rights to nobody and Everyone.

/etc/samba/smbusers
nobody = *

[global]
    username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
   netbios name = ARCHPROJFC
   workgroup = WORKGROUP
   server string = %h server (Samba, Ubuntu)
   dns proxy = no
   interfaces = lo eth0
  bind interfaces only = yes
   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
   max log size = 1000
   syslog = 0
   security = user

     map to guest = bad user
     guest account = nobody
#     kernel oplocks = no
#     level2 oplocks = no
#     oplocks = no
      share modes = no

   encrypt passwords = true
   obey pam restrictions = yes

   unix password sync = yes
   passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
   passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .

   pam password change = yes

#======================= Share Definitions =======================

# Un-comment the following (and tweak the other settings below to suit)
# to enable the default home directory shares. This will share each
# user's home director as \\server\username
[Workspace]
;   comment = Home Directories
 #   kernel oplocks = no
 #   level2 oplocks = no