[Samba] All read and write

Jessica Guynn jessguynn at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 15:35:49 MST 2011

Got few help, but still not working.  Anyone know the configuration for
full read and write for everyone.  So no security needed or permission,
ownership, or objects.  Just full read and write for everyone.

All the different configurations that I have tried (these are 3 separate
smb.conf config and NOT all together):

security = SHARE

[Share]

path = /home/project
public = yes
writeable = yes
read only = no
browseable = yes
locking = no
strict locking = no
create mask = 777
directory mask = 777
force directory mode = 777

security = share

[Share]

   path = /home/project
   browseable = yes
   guest ok = yes
   read only = no
   hide files = /lost+found/
   force directory mode = 777
   force create mode = 666
   directory mask = 777
   create mask = 666

and this

security=user

[Share]
     path = /home/project
     public = yes
     writeable = yes
     browseable = yes
     guest ok = yes
     guest account = Everyone
     create mask = 777
     directory mask = 777

I am able to create file and folders, but folders I create I can't take
ownership and is still lock.  Any ideas?   Sharing Ubuntu volume and
mounting it into windows 7.  So want so there's no security tab when
checking the properties in Windows and just have all read and write.

Thanks,

Jessica