[Samba] XP SP3 can't authenticate

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 09:40:30 MST 2011

It might be an issues with group mappings (for the well know groups.)

Can you verify that the " net  groupmap list"  shows at a  minimum
"Domain Users" and "Domain Admins."
If you login as Administrator, can you can network users or groups to
the local "Users" group?

Does "pdbedit -Lv" show the computer account on the PDC.  Does "getent
passwd" shows the computer account on the PDC?