[Samba] SAMBA - YAST

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Wed Dec 14 06:41:00 MST 2011

On 12/14/2011 02:01 PM, Anna-Karin.Burman at bjurholm.se wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new with SAMBA so please be patient if the questions are silly.
>
> I have a network with some 100 computers and 150 users. How can I add new users to the system? I know I have to add them both to Samba and Linux. The YAST GUI is no problem, it's more when I come to Samba. I think I am logged in as root in the Linux prompt and try to add users, but am not successful.
>
> Is there something I should think of?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> /Anna-Karin

Hi
In YAST, the Linux user, Windows user, password, roaming profile and
home directory are all done for you.

  With this tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdLwuIrW1jw

  you can be up in an hour. The slowest bit of the setup for us (25
computers, 300 users) was joining windows 7 boxes to the domain. There
is a regedit to do.

Good luck and I know the feeling;)
Steve.