[Samba] Samba follow sym links

Raffael Sahli public at raffaelsahli.com
Sat Dec 10 13:41:14 MST 2011

Hi

I have some problems with samba 3.5.6 on debian lenny.
I have symbolic links in some shared directories, and samba should
follow these links.

Without any special config entries, my smb client just list sym links to
folders as unknown files:
? l?????????  ? ?     ?        ?                ? myfolder

With the following configuration:
follow symlinks = yes
wide links = yes
unix extensions = no

If I do an "ls" on the mounted directory, ls says: operation not supported.

mount:
//server/data on /srv/data type cifs
(rw,nosuid,nodev,_netdev,username=username,password=password,iocharset=utf8,uid=1000,gid=1000)

With log level 4 I didn't see any special logs..

"And bind mount is not a solution for me...."

Thanks for your help

--
Raffael Sahli
public at raffaelsahli.com