[Samba] cant access shares on members of samba domain from windows domain

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Sat Dec 3 21:22:04 MST 2011

From: damiien <damiien at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 09:44:42 +0100

> Currently, everyone on domain A can access those windows shares (which
> are on domain A). I'd like for those shares to be available to domain
> B users but currently only Domain Administrator from domain B has
> access. I'd appreciate any help on getting this to work.

First, you had better understand Windows domain trustrelationship
before working on Samba issue. Then you will understand what to be
done.

---

If you do not mind security, enabling Guest access is an easy way.

And if domain A users want to access a share on domain B, to specify
correct user and whose password will make them access.

Otherwise, you have to set up domain trustrelationship between domain
A and B, and set correct permissions on every share you want to enable
access from other domain's users.

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at samba.gr.jp>