[Samba] offline logon with AD

Steven Geerts steven.geerts at softathome.com
Fri Dec 2 05:27:29 MST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: TAKAHASHI Motonobu [mailto:monyo at monyo.com]
Sent: dinsdag 29 november 2011 17:24
To: steven.geerts at softathome.com
Cc: samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: Re: [Samba] offline logon with AD

From: Steven Geerts <steven.geerts at softathome.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 10:18:58 +0100

> yesterday I configured my laptop to login via AD usernames/passwords.
> This was working finally with using the sadms.  Now I want to enable
> login when the user is not connected to the network.  I found that you
> need to enable "winbind offline logon = yes" in the smb.conf.  But
> actually this is not working.
>
> I'm using ubuntu 11.10 and whenever I logon via the desktop i get
> password not correct and "no logon servers"
>
> Anybody an idea on how to resolve this?

You need to add pam_winbind.so with "cached_login" parameter to "auth"
type. See pam_winbind(8)

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at samba.gr.jp>

Thanks

I added it in the common_auth file in /etc/pam.d.  And this seems to be
working.  Any knowledge on why this should be needed in other files...

Another question: will it be possible to add automounting homedirectories
as well, can you give me an example?
Thanks

Steven
This message and any attachments herein are confidential, intended solely for the addressees and are SoftAtHome's ownership. Any unauthorized use or dissemination is prohibited. If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it immediately and inform the sender.