[Samba] Why using several Samba4 servers?

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Wed Aug 31 02:15:16 MDT 2011

A long time ago I did "HOWTO centOS 5.5 samba4 dns dynamic
update/Replication" this list.
This can help you on your way.
The first trick is to have failover DNS working. Did you?
To replicate GPOs is a difficult thing even in a W2008 Server environment:
A link:
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/understanding-group-poli
cy-replication.html.
I tried to do this with a drbd volume replicating master master the:
Sysvol\<domainname>\Policies of the two nodes.
At that time samba4 does not support DFS-R or FSR so I used drbd (could be
glusterfs as well, advantage more than 2 nodes).

Good Luck
Daniel

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV