[Samba] Password expires every month even though 'Password Must Change' is set to 'never' (Samba+LDAP)

Jeffrey Chan goofrider at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 03:14:32 MDT 2011

Hi all,

Since a few months ago Samba ask each of our users to change password at log
on every month and I have not been able to disable it.

I found this page and follow the instructions:

http://playingwithsid.blogspot.com/2010/12/change-samba-password-expiry-setting.html

The default ‘Password Must Change’ policy was set to never and pdbedit shows
‘Password Must Change: never’ for each user, yet the passwords still get
expire once a month.

Can anyone please give me some pointers?

- Jeff