[Samba] Samba - OpenLDAP User Mapping

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Sat Aug 27 07:56:56 MDT 2011

From: fuzzy_4711 <fuzzy_4711 at gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 10:29:36 +0200

(snip)

> I did a
> smbpasswd -a user (which is not a local user at the box)
> and the DIT-entry for "user" was filled automatically with all the
> entries generated like sambaSID, flags sambaNTpassword and so on.
> Everything works like expected, shares are there, acls fine, everything
> cool.

(snip)

> But, I do have much more users which need to access the file server via
> smb. Do I have to add each user by invoking
> smbpasswd -a user
> for each? I can not image that there is no other way to get this going.

If you want to add users automatically, you can do like:

  # (echo password; echo passworddamesugi) | smbpasswd -s a-user

or

  # printf "password\npassword" | pdbedit -a a-user -t

That's what you want?

Of course you can add a user to add an LDAP entry directly.

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at monyo.com>