[Samba] Supporting Mac OS X MCI in Samba4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Aug 26 02:02:38 MDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-08-26 at 09:51 +0200, Michael Wood wrote:
> On 25 August 2011 20:14, Ryan Leimenstoll <ryanl1245 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello all, I was wondering if anyone had a solution for supporting Mac OS
> > X's Managed Client rules with Samba4. I was thinking I'd have to extend the
> > schema (which Apple demonstrates on a traditional Windows Server in a
> > video), but I am not sure how to do that with Samba4's LDAP.
> >
> > Thanks much if you have any ideas!
>
> There have been discussions on samba-technical about how to extend the
> schema.  I think it involved using an OpenLDAP tool to convert the
> schema to LDIF and then using ldbadd to add it to Samba 4.

In this case it should be even easier:  Follow the same instructions as
against Microsoft's active directory.  If it fails, then it's a bug we
need to fix.

(You may need to use a Windows client and a copy of the AD admin tools,
known by names such as the Remove Server Administration Tools (RSAT)).

Andrew Bartlett
--
Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org>