[Samba] Samba 3.6.0: unable to list Active Directoy users "WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND"

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Wed Aug 17 22:07:19 MDT 2011

On 08/17/2011 02:05 PM, David Touzeau wrote:
> I think this new version is not really ready for production...
> There is so many strange things... Or misunderstanding whats going wrong

I respect that some may be experiencing difficulties with deployment of 
Samba 3.6.0.

I have been using 3.6.0 in its various pre-release forms (and now the 
stable release) for many months without a single problem.  I have 
deployed it in some very complex as well as some simple configurations - 
all without any issues.

The purpose of this response is to point out that Samba 3.6.0 is perhaps 
not as "not really ready" for production use readers of this list may 
interpret from these reports.

John T.

> Le lundi 15 août 2011 à 14:07 -0700, Linda W a écrit :
>> ` Peacock,Josh wrote:
>>> I am also experiencing the same problems.  I am running 3.6 on AIX 6.1.  I do have a 3.5.8 installation running without problem (I understand some major changes have happened.)  I took the smb.conf from my 3.5.8 install and changed appropriately for 3.6 (At least as far as I catell).
>> ----
>> Yeah, I still have this error even after downgrading to 3.5.10 --
>> I think 3.6 corrupted my userdb or changed the format... I suppose
>> I need to allocate a new one and start from scratch to fix it...
>> But lots of problems related to looking up the domain, the
>> PDC and some users.
>> I did try to report it, but since I wasn't certain what was going on and
>> just had a bunch of random symptoms, I got ignored.
>> But I did warn them that other users would likely have problems and should
>> be warned...  That was ignored too..

More information about the samba mailing list