[Samba] Samba 3.6.0: unable to list Active Directoy users "WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND"

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Wed Aug 17 22:07:19 MDT 2011

On 08/17/2011 02:05 PM, David Touzeau wrote:
> I think this new version is not really ready for production...
> There is so many strange things... Or misunderstanding whats going wrong

I respect that some may be experiencing difficulties with deployment of
Samba 3.6.0.

I have been using 3.6.0 in its various pre-release forms (and now the
stable release) for many months without a single problem.  I have
deployed it in some very complex as well as some simple configurations -
all without any issues.

The purpose of this response is to point out that Samba 3.6.0 is perhaps
not as "not really ready" for production use readers of this list may
interpret from these reports.

Cheers,
John T.