[Samba] very slow profile loading and strange log message

Andreas Moroder andreas.moroder at sb-brixen.it
Wed Aug 17 05:58:17 MDT 2011

Hello,

since a few days the computer in a branch office the computer take five
and more minutes to load the user profile.

In the user's samba log I found many lines of the type:

[2011/08/17 12:36:09,  0] smbd/service.c:1188(make_connection)
   tonon-pc11 (::ffff:192.168.10.11) couldn't find service odb$

We don't have a service ODB defined on our samba server and never had.
Is this a special service ?

Could it be that the last patches from microsoft are the reason.

Thanks
Andreas