[Samba] [META] suggestions for managing users desktops

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Aug 16 01:59:39 MDT 2011

Hi Dermot,

First be smart, when u use a domain also use roaming profiles.
then u can use a loginscript and policies for managing registry settings.
I'm using kixscript for my loginscript.
if you want i can email you my setup and tools.
My loginscript also registers the computer name and loginname of a user in script,
so you always know who is sitting at what computer.

For user/group management i'm using the NT4 user manager.

If you want to know more, just send my a email.

Louis