[Samba] SMB2 weird behavior with samba 3.6 PDC

Linda Walsh samba at tlinx.org
Mon Aug 15 22:13:25 MDT 2011

` Mark Reidenbach wrote:

> What I meant to say is that Thunderbird downloads every message every
> time it is launched when I have "max protocol = smb2" enabled.�
> Without that line it checks the headers and is done.� Even if it's not
> efficient I don't mind it downloading and caching the message once,
> but having to do so on every launch takes a lot of time and a lot of
> bandwidth.
---
But SMB2 wouldn't affect the IMAP protocol.   Is your local Thunderbird dir
stored on a network share?   If that's the case, then it's probably the
same problem
that others are experience about UID's not being resolved consistently
(if at all)...that would cause possible file read/write problems and it
might think it needs to
d/l again.

> I don't have a windows server to test against, but surely this isn't
> acceptable behavior from a windows server.� Hopefully one of the samba
> team members could help debug why all common browsers are unable to
> download files to a samba share.
---
    I'ts not just browsers.

    I was saving a large file (maybe that's the key -- a file that takes
a long time to
write -- was saving a 2GB image from from photoshop -- couldn't save it
AT all..

Had to pull it out of the vfs_recycle to put it in place.