[Samba] 3.6.0 winbind issues

Linda W samba at tlinx.org
Mon Aug 15 15:17:05 MDT 2011

` Chris Smith wrote:
> Testing 3.6.0 on a member server of a 3.5.8 domain shows some strange problems.
>
> With the standard:
>   idmap config * : backend = tdb
>
>     no results are returned by getent, and wbinfo does not always
> work, also no winbind_idmap.tdb file is ever created.
>
> by changing to:
>   idmap config * : backend = rid
> or
>   idmap config * : backend = hash
>
>     results are obtained but are the same regardless of range (or base_rid).

Yeah...reported this a month ago... as well as other TDB/SID backend probs:
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2011-July/078663.html
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2011-July/078826.html

---
I wasn't sure if it was a 3.6 problem or some type of cockpit error, but
both emails
were ignored.  -- so the problem was known about nearly a month ago, but
my input
wasn't considered valid without "knowing what the problem was"...

Had one case that I found that gave corrupted packets that I could show
in a trace.
That one got fixed...

But w/out hard details, they are busy folk...