[Samba] Moving Domains - profiles question

Dermot paikkos at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 14 02:26:18 MDT 2011

On 13 August 2011 05:43, TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at monyo.com> wrote:
> From: Dermot <paikkos at googlemail.com>
> Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 15:26:00 +0100
>
>> I throwing myself at it as I write. What I thought I'd do is copy
>> all the profile except the user.dat. The old user.dat will be there
>> so if there are problems I can retrieve it.
>
> Have you tried to use "profiles" command? It can change SIDs stored in
> user.dat.

I saw this message a little too late but I did try it on one
ntuser.dat but I gave me an errors that ending with a message about
unable to find the root key. It created a '.new' file but not one I
could use.

The biggest pain during this migration has been the Outlook profiiles.
I have had to re-create them on each machine. A profile tool would
have saved me hours of work. I seen seen this
http://helgeklein.com/setacl but I am not sure if it might help.

Thanks,
Dermot.