[Samba] Problem with samba share file permissions: Write protection is not working as expected

raj kernel raj.kernel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 08:41:20 MDT 2011

Dear TAKAHASHI Motonobu,

Thanks for the reply. Here is the info you have requested for.

cat /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf
[global]
server string = Star's 9100 Samba TEST Server
security = share
socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
max xmit = 65535
read size = 65535
interfaces = eth0
dns proxy = no
guest account = root
use mmap = yes
large readwrite = yes

ls output
# ls -la /mnt/data1
total 1
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root            33 Jan  1 05:09 .
drwxr-xr-x   12 root     root          1024 Jan  1 00:26 ..
dr--------    2 root     root            21 Jan  1 05:11 private
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root            21 Jan  1 05:11 public
#

Please let me know if you need any additional information.