[Samba] Ldapsam Editposix & idmap help required

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Tue Aug 9 06:12:21 MDT 2011

From: Keith <keith at scott-land.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 12:10:15 +0100

> Hi, I am more or less following this tutorial Ldapsam Editposix =
> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Ldapsam_Editposix but can't quite get my
> domain to work.
> I think the issue is with the idmap part of the smb.conf but can't quite
> figure out what's wrong with it or what the correct format should be.

Simply to configure same as Old idmap syntax (pre 3.0.25) will work
like:

---
  ldap idmap suffix = ou=idmap
  idmap backend = ldap:"ldap://localhost"
  idmap uid = 50000-500000
  idmap gid = 50000-500000
---

I am running ldapsam:editposix with Samba 3.5.6 on Debian squeeze.

I put the smb.conf and other files at
  http://wiki.samba.gr.jp/mediawiki/images/1/10/Sambapdc4.tar.gz
and also put my VMware image for test at
  http://wiki.samba.gr.jp/mediawiki/index.php?title=Samba_PDC_VM%28squeeze%29

> I've commented out the line "idmap domains = DEFAULT" as if it don't
> then I get lots of warnings.

"idmap domains" parameter was supported only before Samba 3.3.0.

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at monyo.com>