[Samba] Can't see shares...

Anders Norrbring lists at norrbring.se
Tue Aug 9 05:10:32 MDT 2011

> > I just saw that the Samba server is in workgroup 'WORKGROUP' instead
> of
> > 'NORRBRING' that is set in smb.conf. I don't know where to look for
> > problems, please do advice and give me ideas.
>
> It seems that you do not edit proper smb.conf.
>
> What path of smb.conf you have edited?
> Does "testparm" command show settings expected?
> Have you restarted Samba?
>
> ---
> TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at samba.gr.jp>

Yes, it's the right file, /etc/samba/smb.com
When I rebooted the system, the server was in the right workgroup
'NORRBRING'.

Testparm give me this:
rlimit_max: rlimit_max (1024) below minimum Windows limit (16384)
Processing section "[store0]"
Processing section "[store1]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE