[Samba] R: question about groups

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Thu Aug 4 00:13:13 MDT 2011

No,

the -->2<-- 770
2 is the sticky bit for the group.
You do not need inherit acls at all

EDV Daniel Müller

Leitung EDV
Tropenklinik Paul-Lechler-Krankenhaus
Paul-Lechler-Str. 24
72076 Tübingen

Tel.: 07071/206-463, Fax: 07071/206-499
eMail: mueller at tropenklinik.de
Internet: www.tropenklinik.de
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: samba-bounces at lists.samba.org [mailto:samba-bounces at lists.samba.org] Im
Auftrag von Andrea Lanza
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 3. August 2011 13:20
An: 'Dale Schroeder'
Cc: 'samba at lists.samba.org'
Betreff: [Samba] R: question about groups

At last I succeded in trying your solution...

Perfect !

No need to do anything other apart what you said.

	create mask = 2770
	directory mask = 2770
      force directory mode = 2770
	inherit acls = Yes

when listing the dir in linux I can read:

rwxrws---

I think that "s" means the inheritance of group-acl flagged on...

Thank you very much again,

Andrea

believed to be clean.