[Samba] Cannot delete existing files in shared folder

Le, Anh anh.le at cognex.com
Wed Aug 3 12:40:13 MDT 2011

Hi All,

We've upgraded our DC to Windows 2008 R2 from Windows 2003 recently. Since then the users cannot modify or delete the existing files in the Samba shared directories after the Samba server(samba 3.5.9) is joined to 2008 R2 DC from the windows machines, but they are able to create/modify/delete the new directories/files from the windows machines. However, when the samba server is joined back to 2003 DC then everything is working fine. The users can do create/modify/delete the existing files and new ones from windows machines.

Any idea would be very much appreciate.

By the way here is my settings for the samba shared directory

[sqabot]
        path = /home/sqabot
        comment = SQAbot
        read only = No