[Samba] SSO's availability

Frédéric Bérard frederic.berard at bbox.fr
Wed Aug 3 11:29:49 MDT 2011

Le 02/08/2011 23:49, Nico Kadel-Garcia a écrit :
> On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Mauricio Tavares<raubvogel at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> 2011/8/2 Frédéric Bérard<frederic.berard at bbox.fr>:
>>> Hello all,
>>>

>>> I will introduce myself,
>>> I'm french, about 34 years old and works for a mechanic company.
>>> I've discovered linux in 2006 and I'm really enjoyed by all the things that
>>> can be done with.
>>>
>>> Now this is questions :
>>> Is it possible to configure a system of authentication based on SSO samba
>>> (and certainly ldap and lot of others things) ?
>>> Is it possible to do this without any windows's system which act as any
>>> authority ?
>>> Wat I mean is that I would like to do this only one linux's computer....
>>>
>>       Yes if you use Samba 4 as it can be your AD server. And, if in
>> addition to your windows boxes you make your other linux/OSX machines
>> authenticate against it, you are all set.
>>
>>> And the last one of my questions : Could you help me ?
>>>
>>       Can but try, right?
>>> Thanks In advance for all of your answers,
> Which Linux flavor? And what services are you planning to share with
> SSO? SSH access, web access, file access via Samba?
Hello all,

About Linux flavor maybe you want to know which OS, isn't it ?
My flavor is Fedora (actually F14 and F15)

About shared services with SSO, my first step will be for squidguard's
authentication, after I would like to be able have centralized profiles
for my users who are able to work both on Linux and Windows.
And my last step will be to uniform everything between web access, file
access via samba and directly between Linux's computers.

Thanks for your help and answer,