[Samba] Incoming External Trust

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Wed Aug 3 10:21:36 MDT 2011

Please CC to samba at lists.samba.org

From: Aaron Clausen <mightymartianca at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 10:32:41 -0700

> On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 08:52, TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at monyo.com> wrote:
>
> Another question.  Since the AD and Samba domains are on separate
> segments, I'm assuming attempt to establish the trust is going to fail
> because Samba cannot see the AD domain controller.  How do you get
> around that?

You have to resolve required NetBIOS names (for example domainname#1B
and domainname#1C) correctly by using WINS or LMHOSTS file. The
required NetBIOS names are same as that required to establish the
trust between AD and Windows NT domain.

AFAIK, you also have to create an account on AD whose name and
password is same as the user using to establish on Samba.

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at samba.gr.jp>