[Samba] Samba + LDAP + SMBLDAP-Tools + Roaming Profiles

J. Echter j.echter at elektro-mayer-echter.de
Wed Aug 3 07:32:21 MDT 2011

Am 02.08.2011 14:54, schrieb J. Echter:
> Am 02.08.2011 14:40, schrieb Julien Celle:
>>> oh i forgot, profiles are on \\pdc.
>>>
>>> cheers.
>> Hi,
>>
>> There may be a problem trying to access your profiles on \\pdc while
>> authenticating against \\bdc. Your users try to access a share
>> without giving your PDC credentials it can validate. Try moving your
>> profile for your user test to \\bdc\profile...
>>
>> You could also post your whole smb.conf for your BDC.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Julien.
>>
> first both of my configs...
>
> BDC:
>
> [global]
>    domain master = no
>    domain logons = yes
>    passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://mule
>    idmap backend = ldap:ldap://mule
>    idmap uid = 10000-15000
>    idmap gid = 10000-15000
>    ldap suffix = dc=workgroup,dc=local
>    ldap user suffix = ou=smb-usr
>    ldap group suffix = ou=groups
>    ldap machine suffix = ou=computers
>    ldap idmap suffix = ou=idmap
>    ldap admin dn = cn=admin,dc=workgroup,dc=local
>    ldap ssl = no
>    ldap passwd sync = yes
>
>    printing = bsd
>    netbios name = BDC
>    server string = BDC (%h)
>    workgroup = workgroup
>    interfaces = eth0,lo
>    security = user
>    encrypt passwords = true
>    map to guest = bad user
>    guest account = nobody
>    logon path = \\pdc\profile\%U
>    logon script = %U.bat
>    logon drive = H:
>    panic action = /usr/share/samba/panic-action %d
>
> PDC:
>
> [global]
>    printing = bsd
>    netbios name = PDC
>    server string = PDC (%h)
>    workgroup = workgroup
>    interfaces = eth0,lo
>    security = user
>    encrypt passwords = true
>    map to guest = bad user
>    guest account = nobody
>
>    ## LDAP
>    passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://127.0.0.1
>    idmap backend = ldap:ldap://127.0.0.1
>    idmap uid = 10000-15000
>    idmap gid = 10000-15000
>    ldap suffix = dc=workgroup,dc=local
>    ldap user suffix = ou=smb-usr
>    ldap group suffix = ou=groups
>    ldap machine suffix = ou=computers
>    ldap idmap suffix = ou=idmap
>    ldap admin dn = cn=admin,dc=workgroup,dc=local
>    ldap ssl = no
>    ldap passwd sync = yes
>    add machine script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -t 0 -w "%u"
>    add user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -a '%u'
>    delete user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-userdel %u
>    add group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupadd -a '%g'
>    delete group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupdel '%g'
>    add user to group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -m '%u' '%g'
> [...]
ok, what i know now :)

there get's a  second domain added to ldap directory if i, for example,
add an user on pdc and do a pdbedit -v an-user i have a second
SambaDomainName in my ldap tree. This one is called the same as my bdc
is configured in its smb.conf.

is it forbidden to name the server bdc or similar? i have set workgroup
= workgroup in smb.conf on pdc and bdc.

im lost with this...

thanks

juergen