[Samba] Odd timestamps/replication latencies with Samba4

Adam Thorn alt36 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Aug 2 12:48:45 MDT 2011

Hi,

I've recently joined a Samba4 (alpha16) DC to an existing Windows domain
(with multiple Windows DCs). A few hours after joining, one of the
Windows servers raised an "Active Directory 1864" error. I can't find an
obvious MS page to describe that one, but it's due to Windows believing
that it hasn't received replication info from a DC. Indeed, if I run

repadmin /showvector /latency dc=ad,dc=ch,dc=cam,dc=ac,dc=uk

then the line for the new Samba4 DC reads

Default-First-Site-Name\VICTORY      @ USN     31765 @ Time 4184-12-00
07:00:00

so I think the problem is just that Windows is really confused by that
incorrect timestamp - so far as I can tell replication is actually
happening correctly.

Adam