[Samba] _netr_ServerAuthenticate3: netlogon_creds_server_check failed. Rejecting auth request

Paul Tietjens paul.tietjens at mesd.us
Mon Aug 1 09:16:32 MDT 2011

Sure enough, now that machines' passwords are passing the thirty day
range, they are refusing to log on siting "No logon server available".

This is despite having evidence of their machine account passwords
changning in LDAP (sambaPwdLastSet being updated).

Some machines, oddly, will log on, but will then fail to retrieve
resources from the PDC.  I can confirm that these machines are no
using cached credentials.

Does anyone have a Samba 3.5/OpenLDAP > PDC for Windows 7 clients?  If
so, I would like to compare your configuration/machine account ldif
with my own to try and troubleshoot this.