[Samba] Problems with Squid and Active Directory

Olaf.Boldt at hvbg.hessen.de Olaf.Boldt at hvbg.hessen.de
Wed Apr 27 06:58:16 MDT 2011

Hello!

Since a few weeks I have Squid Version 2.7.STABLE7 on Ubuntu Server 10.04. All worked fine - different users in an AD-Group could reach the internet through my proxy. Because of this my Squid-configuration seems to be OK. Since the name of the AD-Group was changed it is no more possible to reach the internet through the proxy. The error is:

"Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time."

Switching to the old group name all works fine again, switching to the new one: the same error as above.

I changed the debug options and found this entry in cache.log:

"Could not convert sid S-1-5-21-3365863304-72330373-946326852-415981 to gid"

>From the Squid Mailing List I got the answer that this is a problem of Samba and/or winbind.

I have installed:

samba  2:3.4.7~dfsg-1ubuntu3.5

winbind 2:3.4.7~dfsg-1ubuntu3.5