[Samba] Samba over IPX

Maurizio Manfredini mx2927 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 08:32:38 MDT 2011

Hi Chris,

Just to add some info. I tried with NCP over IPX (mars_nwe) but I found
that the MS-DOS Network Client doesn't connect to it. Appearently this
is because MS Network Client for DOS uses SMB over IPX, and not NCP over
IPX. NCP under DOS would need the Novel client to be installed.
SMB over IPX sounds like addressing again to Samba over IPX...

Thanks anyway,
Maurizio