[Samba] Windows prompt for password complexity

Tom Lobato tomlobato at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 10:26:20 MDT 2011

    Hi all,
    I`ve successfully configured samba as PDC using LDAP. All is working
very fine, but when the user password expires and the new password that
the user typed does not meet the complexity check made by "check
password script", I need to give him a custom change password message
(based on my own criterion).
    "check password script" cannot do more than return status 0 or != 0
to tell samba about check result. Would be nice if this could return the
custom error message to Samba, so it could tell the user properly.

    Is there some way to customize this message?

    Thank you,
    Tom Lobato