[Samba] Domain Controller GPO

Taylor, Jonn jonnt at taylortelephone.com
Wed Apr 20 10:03:01 MDT 2011

/etc/init.d/samba for CentOS or RedHat.

#!/bin/sh
#
# chkconfig: - 91 35
#           used to provide SMB network services.
#
# pidfile: /usr/local/samba/var/run/samba4/smbd.pid
# config:  /usr/local/samba/etc/samba4/smb.conf

SAMBA_NAME=samba

# Source function library.
if [ -f /etc/init.d/functions ] ; then
  . /etc/init.d/functions
elif [ -f /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions ] ; then
  . /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions
else
  exit 1
fi

# Avoid using root's TMPDIR
unset TMPDIR

# Source networking configuration.
. /etc/sysconfig/network

if [ -f /etc/sysconfig/$SAMBA_NAME ]; then
   . /etc/sysconfig/$SAMBA_NAME
fi

# Check that networking is up.
[ ${NETWORKING} = "no" ] && exit 1

# Check that smb.conf exists.
[ -f /usr/local/samba/etc/smb.conf ] || exit 6

RETVAL=0

start() {
    echo -n $"Starting Samba services: "
    daemon /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba $SMBDOPTIONS
    RETVAL=$?
    echo
    [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] && touch /usr/local/samba/var/locks/$SAMBA_NAME || \
       RETVAL=1
    return $RETVAL
}

stop() {
    echo -n $"Shutting down Samba services: "
    killproc samba
    RETVAL=$?
    echo
    [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] && rm -f /usr/local/samba/var/locks/$SAMBA_NAME
    return $RETVAL
}

restart() {
    stop
    start
}

reload() {
        echo -n $"Reloading smb.conf file: "
    killproc samba -HUP
    RETVAL=$?
    echo
    return $RETVAL
}

rhstatus() {
    status samba
    return $?
}

# Allow status as non-root.
if [ "$1" = status ]; then
       rhstatus
       exit $?
fi

# Check that we can write to it... so non-root users stop here
[ -w /usr/local/samba/etc/smb.conf ] || exit 4

case "$1" in
  start)
      start
    ;;
  stop)
      stop
    ;;
  restart)
      restart
    ;;
  reload)
      reload
    ;;
  status)
      rhstatus
    ;;
  condrestart)
      [ -f /usr/local/samba/var/locks/$SAMBA_NAME ] && restart || :
    ;;
  *)
    echo $"Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart|reload|status|condrestart}"
    exit 2
esac

exit $?