[Samba] Problem with softlinks under samba on RHEL

Parag Doke parag.doke+techie at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 06:25:39 MDT 2011

Many many thanks to L.P.H. van Belle & Denis Fateyev.
I added:
1) follow symlinks = yes
2) wide links = yes
to the share configuration and
1) unix extensions = no
in the global configuration, restarted the smb service on the Linux
host and it worked :-).

Not only was my time saved but I also learnt that I should subscribe
to major release changes / announcements.

Thank you once again !
Parag Doke
Save paper, save trees. Do not print emails/documents unless
absolutely necessary.