[Samba] Domain Controller GPO

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 15:04:48 MDT 2011

On 18 April 2011 21:15, Ryan Leimenstoll <ryanl1245 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>  I am using Samba4 Alpha12, and i am trying to edit the password policy
> (which I believe is derived from the PDC's policy), but I am trying to
> figure out whether Samba4 can respond to GPOs. If It cannot, how would I
> define the password policy for the domain? Thanks.

Samba 4 does support GPOs, but for the password policy you need to use
"net pwsettings" (or "samba-tool pwsettings" in current versions of
Samba 4.)

Try "net pwsettings --help" for the options:
[...]
  --complexity=COMPLEXITY
                        The password complexity (on | off | default). Default
                        is 'on'
  --history-length=HISTORY_LENGTH
                        The password history length (<integer> | default).
                        Default is 24.
  --min-pwd-length=MIN_PWD_LENGTH
                        The minimum password length (<integer> | default).
                        Default is 7.
  --min-pwd-age=MIN_PWD_AGE
                        The minimum password age (<integer in days> |
                        default).  Default is 1.
  --max-pwd-age=MAX_PWD_AGE
                        The maximum password age (<integer in days> |
                        default).  Default is 43.
[...]

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>