[Samba] tarmode exclude not working?

James Morris morris.570 at osu.edu
Sun Apr 17 09:44:25 MDT 2011

I am trying to backup a windows7 machine with smbclient.  I would like
to exclude the "medSchool" directory.  However, using the command:

/usr/bin/smbclient \\\\server1\\D -U user -E -d 1 -c tarmode\ full -TcrX
- /medSchool/\* medSchool \medSchool \\medSchool\\ > /dev/null

no exclusion occurs (w/ >/dev/null there for testing purposes). As you
can see I've tried every which way I could think of to exclude this
directory.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
jack