[Samba] samba/backuppc error: NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_RESET

James Morris james.morris at hsc.stonybrook.edu
Tue Apr 12 22:08:52 MDT 2011

I am getting the following error from backuppc when trying to backup a
windows7 machine from my ubuntu machine(though I believe this error
comes directly from samba):

[CODE][ skipped 44618 lines ]
Error reading file \medSchool\body\dissectionimages\practice.pptx :
NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_RESET
Didn't get entire file. size=272456645, nread=126584640[/CODE]

The backup occurs fine for *hours* but eventually I get this
NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_RESET error.  I have purged and reinstalled
samba/backuppc, I have removed my wins setup (not sure if that's
relevant), and I have checked permissions.  As I said it seems to work
fine for a while, but then stops.  This seems to be a problem with the
windows machine, but I'm not completely sure.  What would cause the
connection to reset after working so long.

Thanks
jack