[Samba] Samba 3.5.8 / Windows error and system errors while mapping network drive on some PC's

Sat Apr 16 01:09:36 MDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 12:36:04PM -0400, Dodson, Eric (COT) wrote:
> Problem: We have a share defined using Samba 3.5.8 on AIX 6.1. Several
> people can map a Windows Network Drive to the share and it works fine.
> Several other people get Windows errors or system errors when trying to
> map a drive to the same share.

Sorry, but the amount of information you are able to give us
is not sufficient to diagnose the problem. What is needed is
a network trace and full, unmodified debug level 10 logs of
smbd. You should make a contract with someone from
http://www.samba.org/samba/support/ including an NDA so that
you can send the information there.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9