[Samba] Inherit ACL does not work properly

Miguel Medalha miguelmedalha at sapo.pt
Fri Apr 15 06:09:04 MDT 2011

This is an article by Microsoft:

How permissions are handled when you copy and move files and folders
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310316

It seems that this behavior was modified in Vista, though.

The default behavior used to be modifiable by a registry setting.

With Windows 7, I recently saw what seemed "aberrant" permissions
behavior. I am not too familiar with the system to be sure, though. And,
to be honest, I don't have a strong will to be familiar with it... That
smashing amount of "eye candy"  and intended "friendliness" confuses me
somewhat.