[Samba] roaming profiles - one file can't be copied to server

J. Echter j.echter at elektro-mayer-echter.de
Wed Apr 13 02:07:49 MDT 2011

Am 13.04.2011 08:19, schrieb L.P.H. van Belle:
> Hi,
>
> what is the error message ?
> if i guess..
>
> Look for .TMP files in the users profile folder.
> delete them when the user is logged in.
> Let the user logout again and see if its happens again.
>
> i have these extra lines in the profiles in smb.conf
> csc policy = disable
> force user = %U
> # next line allows administrator to access all profiles
> valid users = %U @"Domain Admins"
>
> Louis

about the error message:

Windows tells me that one file can't be written to server because its
already in use, i have that on every computer. As i said its no specific
file, but mostly from my thunderbird profile directorys.

I checked twice that no one was logged in as i started testing this.

i also moved the profile dir temp to another dir and tried to see whats
happening when i logout. it starts copying files over complains about a
file, finished with errors.

strange.

greetings.