[Samba] authentication with winbind+AIX+kerberos

kleber povoação okleber at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 07:37:30 MDT 2011

Hi all,

Is possible to authenticate users using AIX+WINBIND+KERBEROS without
need to create a local user on AIX ? Because we need to permit almost
200users at 20 servers and is not cool creating localusers in all
servers. The users are in Active Directory.
I follow this link
"http://www.kerberos-walkthrough.de/aix5l_with_samba_3.x_and_kerberos_5_as_a_windows_2003_activedirctory_member_server/"
and others but I can´t authenticate.
wbinfo -g, wbinfo -u works, kinit, klist, all works.

lsuser -R WINBIND user -> does not work too.

I´m using AIX 6.1 and  pware53-64.samba.rte       3.5.6.0  COMMITTED
Samba 3.5.6 (64-bit)

tks