[Samba] Disk full / file corrupted

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Mon Apr 4 11:37:14 MDT 2011

From: Dmitry Mordovin <d.mordovin at dwide.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 13:04:40 +0400

> > I cannot reproduce your problem in my Samba 3.5.8 box.
> >
> > Anyway "strict allocate = yes" maybe solve your problem.
>
> Step 4: To reproduce problem - just edit test.bmp (Right click, choose
> Edit), set new bigger image size and save.
> Paint must alert - disk space not enough / disk full.
> After all - test.bmp file not readable and file size increased.

OK, I can reproduce your problem. Step 4 is important.

Perhaps this may be a Samba bug.
I recommend for you to post to Bugzilla with minimum set to reproduce
and level10 log.

My smb.conf:

-----
[global]

[mnt2]
  path =/mnt2/tmp
  writeable = yes
-----

/mnt2 is an ext3 filesystem of 10MB size.

I first create a 9MB file and put a 30KB bmp file.

Open a 30KB bmp file, type PrintScreen and Paste the file and try to
save.

Save is failed as you said at Step 4 and problem occurs.

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at samba.gr.jp>