[Samba] Unable to connect to Samba share from Windows XP (SOLVED)

Jaime Aguado tech.mustolense at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 08:17:57 MDT 2011

Hi,

I just got the whole thing to work; many thanks for your help!

Turns out the final obstacle was the smbusers file mapping; for some strange
reason I can't imagine, the writing permissions get messed up when the
security level is set to "share" and there is a mapping to the smbusers file
explicitly set in the smb.conf file. Now, without that mapping, I'm able to
access, read from and write to the Samba share.

Once again, thanks for your help!
Regards,
Jaime